- Just as they are, roll the dice and make start making PING noises
- Turn a list into a scavenger hunt of items for some deranged space gangster or to win the hand of the Princess Estrella of Chandri, a galactically hot space babe
- Be really stingy with your players and only give them equipment they salvage in space--no stores, no lagrangian-point shopping malls--just junk!
- Yes, there are a few items hijacked from pop culture--tie-ins are fun, but re-writing canon is more fun!
- The first five lists have the following in common: something really big, evidence of human remains, something handheld, something related to food--some are obviously related, others can be made to be so
- There are many personal items, sometimes something simple is the best and easiest catalyst for drama
- Maybe the items were all recovered in the same system after a solar cataclysm
- Many items are sabotaged--either deliberately or by their nature; have fun letting players find out which ones
- If you look carefully enough there are enough pieces to make/repair Voltron
- I don't know, make some shit up
Monday, April 12, 2010
Random Space Finds: The Missing User's Manual!
Now that the first ten posts are out, here are a few ways to use Random Space Finds--as a random table! (1d10)