What is an Exoplanet?According to Wikipedia:"An extrasolar planet, or exoplanet, is a planet outside the Solar System." Planets that exist in the Goldilocks Zone of a star system, are considered the best candidates for life, by providing the optimal conditions for liquid water. Current Exoplanet Count.
- Astrobiology (scientific journal of the Astrobiology Society)
- Astrobiology Magazine
- ExoGraphs.net (Graphical Comparisons of Extrasolar Planets)
- Exoplanets.org (inter-institutional collaborative project
- Extrasolar Planets Encyclopedia (Collaborative database of all known Exoplanets)
- James Webb Space Telescope (future Exoplanet space mission)
- Journey to the Exoplanets (App from Scientific American magazine)
- NASA's Kepler Exoplanet hunting telescope!
- NASA's Planet Quest
- The Planetary Society
- ScienceDaily News exoplanet articles
Other Astronomy and Space Exploration Resources
- Solar System Scope (BEST 3D visualizer of the solar system!)
- Space Age Museum
- Build a Solar System
My Exoplanet Posts
- Exoplanet links on Exonauts
- Exoplanet links on Threads of Adventure
- I'm in the Twitterverse, posting about exoplanets, space travel, and other neat stuff as I come across it!
Updated: December 2013