Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Weren't they making a Buck Rogers movie?

I seem to recall, circa 2009, this clip surfaced with word that an independently produced film about Buck was in the works.


Here's a scene that was apparently shot for the film:


I remember James at Grognardia had done a post about it. When I went to the offical website, which is run by the rights holders (The Dille Family Trust) there's nary a word about it. The uploader of the video has zilch as well.

Anyone else recall this or have info?

5 comments:

  1. I remember it well, having run the story myself, but like you have heard nothing since - which doesn't bode well :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does any money go to Lorraine Williams?

    ReplyDelete
  3. IMdB says it is still 'in development' which means it may or may not move forward to pre-production, which may or may not move forward to production, which or may not end in filming, and release.

    Don't hold you're breathe. The youtube thing may just have been a 'proof of concept' kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read somewhere that the funding fell short.

      Delete
  4. Aw, that's a shame that it didn't go anywhere. To be honest, I didn't expect anything more than a straight-to-DVD title or maybe something on the SyFy channel here in the US. Thanks for the updates though.

    @Aaron, according to the "Business and Licensing" page on the official site, it looks like she's a managing partner, so I'd say that's a definite "yes".

    ReplyDelete