Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Rest in Peace: Ray Harryhausen

I've covered Mr. Harryhausen's work before. To say that he made an impression on my life and my view of science fiction and fantasy would be an understatement of the highest order. Nothing in Jason and the Argonauts felt unreal to me when I first viewed it (around 9 years old or so). It was like being struck by lightning. It stoked the embers of my (now) lifelong fascination with mythology.

I was thinking of having a little Harryhausen film fest at home in the very near future. And then I realized, to do justice to his real legacy--inspiring other filmmakers to realize their visions--I should include a few selections by his cinematic descendants as well. That list would be long indeed.

So long Ray, and thanks for all the monsters.



Via SlashFilm
Also, NPR

No comments:

Post a Comment