Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Coming soon: "Retro Raygun" tabletop mini game (Video)

I've long been a fan of Hydra Miniatures retro space figures--I've got several of their space ranger-y dudes. I even ordered a bunch of their War Rocket spaceships from the Source (say, that order never did come in...). That game has it's own rulebook for staging rocket-and-saucer style space battles a la Flash Gordon or Buck Rogers. They're a smaller shop, who's work cannot be celebrated enough.

Earlier this month, they've announced their next tabletop game--a set of rules to go along with their character miniatures line. Here's a video preview:



So it sounds like the game will be more of a goal-oriented adventures, not so much "this army vs. that army" which sounds like a lot more fun to me.

While I wish there was a separate blog post to link to, they've put up an update on their main webpage (so this will be outdated as soon as they put up a new one). But you should go there now while you can and see the book layouts they've posted, plus a bunch of new mini designs.

Here's a few of their current Retro Raygun figure offerings:











Good, old-fashioned space pulp fun! Check out their full range of Retro Raygun miniatures.


2 comments:

  1. I've been watching this. I've been thinking about getting back into miniatures painting and the War Rocket stuff looks so cool.

    Have you ever played the game? If so, is it good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I've not had the chance to play. I'd ordered a bunch of the ships and the rule book from my FLGS a couplenof years (!) ago but they never arrived. :(

    ReplyDelete