Click image to learn how to participate!
Preamble, taken from the FROM THE ZONES kick-off post at FATE SF:
A black market for recovered artifacts began to grow in the towns outside the Zones. Various governments, corporations, and wealthy individuals put together their own covert shopping lists.
Looking to upgrade your planetary excursion gear?The Amalgamated Conglomerate Mercantile Exchange company is proud to partner with these fine manufacturers who have ingeniously reverse-engineered alien technology found in The ZONES. Order now and we'll throw in a free static window cling so you can show off your "FOUND IN THE ZONES" pride!
REM NarcoPod™ from The DreamSkil InstituteAlien tech recovered: Wireless psionic discharge module. Discovered amongst what appear's to be the torture chamber of a crashed alien craft.
Engineered into: REM-cycle re-education unit combined with long duration spaceflight sleep container, cartridge-based video game system.
|Chet's had no game when it came to displaying sick skills in disc golf--but then he found NarcoPod!|
Basic, Intermediate, and Advanced skills in a variety of fields are available under the following matrix:
- Dexterity/Agility-based skills - advance 1 level - 1 month
- Intelligence-based skills - advance 2 levels - 1 month
- Charisma, Wisdom/Presence-based skills - advance 1 level - 1.5 months
WARNING: Check to make sure carts are properly seated before operating. Due to unforeseen circumstances in development funding, modifications to the skill cartridge interface were made using re-purposed aftermarket entertainment modules.
|Dammit Jerry, I told you not to pound a Red Bull before hypersleep!|
- 1) Skills atrophy after 1d6 rounds
- 2) Sleeper suffer unexplainable handicap of -2 for 2d4 rounds when using skill
- 3) Skills gain unexpected bonus of +3 for 1d4 rounds or if more than one bed is in use on a trip, 4) skills are given to the person sleeping in an adjacent pod
- 5) Psychic storm occurs, sleeper loses control of conscious self for 1d4 rounds and attacks friendly crew members with mental blast which lowers any Intelligence or Presence rolls for team by -1 for rest of game
- 6) Dreams intrude on reality, roll for 1d6+1 number of random monsters created from sleeper's consciousness
- 7) NarcoPod copies consciousness of sleeper, using it to overwrite ship's artificial intelligence persona, synthezoid individuals, or onboard robotic staff, with malcontented version
- 8-12) Nothing...nothing at all--really!
Retail price + installation: 3,150cr
Discount price: 2,900cr, skills
Skill cartridges: 2,200cr ea., some restrictions may apply
Note: Written for X-plorers ruleset, but easily convertible to other games.