Friday, June 11, 2010

Interstellar Inspiration: Odds and Ends

Usually it's just a few images, but I've thrown in some intresting links this time around. I'm trying to get back in the swing of things after an unintended hiatus that came about after a week of bad computer issues and a big ass project at work. I've updated Spellcard and Exonauts and I've got plenty more posts waiting in the wings for Threads of Adventure. Here's a few images of vehicles and spacecraft that I've found inspiring:

(click to enlarge)



Some useful links for brainstorming your sci-fi setting:
Stars and Planetary Systems in Fiction

List of weapons in Star Trek 

The Known Universe (A map of the 'verse starting with Earth and zooming out to infinity!)
The Known Universe video uses data from the Digital Universe Atlas, as maintained by the Hayden Planetarium at the American Museum of Natural History.

Finally, a list of aliens, and another.

Carry on!

1 comment: