Thursday, July 14, 2016

Rad Astra in playtest

It's been a while since I gave an update here, but things are humming along with Rad Astra. I'm working on a revised draft of the rules, which (at this point) are no longer just an X-plorers-based setting. It will be it's own game. Though, I will do an X-plorers version and I'm talking to a few interested parties in converting for other systems as well.

In truth, I've been testing various rules over the course of the last 6 years or so. I've messed with enough of under the hood that I began rewriting the underlying mechanics. Once that started, it was hard to stop. I will say that having all of those house rules in one document--and easily accessible just for my own sake--makes me just a wee bit giddy.
 
Next week, my regular gaming group (made up of almost all game masters) will dip toes in to some of the classes and basic mechanics, such as how abilities and skills will operate. There's more over at the official development site if that stuff interests you. To be honest, I'm more a fan of setting than I am of rules--unless the two can be combined in some interesting way...

Stay tuned for more Radness!

No comments:

Post a Comment