Saturday, September 6, 2014

Con of the North event submitted!

Well I'm all paid up for my third visit to Con of the North, come February. I decided this time around I'd like to focus on playing games rather than running a bunch. I got sick of missing out on so many awesome games. In light of that I did submit one event for X-plorers. Here's the description:
RAD ASTRA: Gonzo, Space Adventure!
Pack your ray blaster, charge your laser sword and take off on a far-out, interstellar adventure! Get set for a rules-light, mash-up of sci-fi B-movies, 70s space opera TV, and Bronze Age comics. You're the galaxy's last hope on a do-or-die mission against a horde of savage space vikings, alien astrosassins, and sinister space wizards! Your swashbuckling, Saturday night space opera is here baby!   
I left the plot details out but sprinkled in some of the elements that will hopefully attract sci-fi fans. Maybe I should have put the words "space," "opera," and "adventure" in there a few more times? Aw well. In any case,  I have just over five months to procrastinate until I get my shit together the week before--so exciting! 

Con of the North 2015 is February 13-15 at the Crowne Plaza Minneapolis West.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that blurb sounds unbelievably cool. If I were going to Con of the North I'd sign up for your game in a heartbeat. Hope you post some info on the adventure after the con. Best of luck.

    -Ed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a blast, wish I wasn't so far away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I'm planning to be more mindful of taking notes and even some photos of the game (and any others I end up playing) next year.

    ReplyDelete