Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Heading to Con of the North 2014!

Busting out of my self-imposed, baby daddy exile to bring you the news that--YES--there will be an X-plorers game at Con of the North! It will be a Rad Astra setting of my own making. Here's the quick/dirty submission I sent for the con listing:
RAD ASTRA: Far-Out Space Opera! Pack your ray pistol and laser sword for a rules-light, mash-up of B-grade, sci-fi exploitation movies, 70s space opera TV, and Bronze Age comics! You're part of a group of interstellar swashbucklers pursued by agents of the Drukar Empire on a quest for intergalactic infamy and fortune! Choose your class: Space Ranger, Astrosassin, Starlocke or Starbarian!
Game details: 4-6 players, pre-gens will be available with some tweakability by the players. Game is scheduled for 4 hours (which is 2 hours longer than the previous session).

If I can get my act together (that's sort of a big "if") I may run a second game. As it is, I'm still working on the class descriptions for Astrosassin and Starlocke, so I don't want to bite off more than I can chew!

Finally, I'm looking for some input on what type of adventure sounds most fun over on my Google Plus page, so check that out and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it will be very fun. I think you'll find the 4 hour sessions a good run too, although at COTN'14 I am running a FATE Freeport game based on how fun your 2 hour game was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome John! I want to get in on one of your games as well!

    ReplyDelete