If you've never read it, go find the trades because it's awesome. At first glance it might come off as a "retro" nostalgia space opera, but it's quite the layered drama, with a sort of hard-boiled, noir feel to it.
Anyway, Pinnacle Entertainment, the publishers of Savage Worlds RPG have acquired it as a license and are publishing a complete game along with bennies, plastic minis, and a handful of other awesome goodies.
Once a year I let myself splurge on a big Kickstarter and THIS is the one!
Back the complete game and you'll get:
- Savage stats for the main cast of characters: Heath Hudson, Mara, Charlotte
- Rules for spaceships, warp travel, alien worlds, time travel, alternate dimensions, etc.
- A gazetteer of the planets Heath Huston visited during his adventures
- Additional alien races and creatures
- A Plot Point Campaign that builds on the events of the comics, taking the heroes to the ends of the Commonwealth and beyond
- A series of flashback scenarios to let your players fight in the Anubis Conflict itself
- An adventure generator to create a terror-filled universe of encounters
Not to mention, poker chip-style bennies, a full complement of polyhedrals, plus two stretch goals: a form-fillable character sheet and pre-generated archetypes (character templates).
It's already cleared it's goal so it's worth a look. Check it out on Kickstarter!
P.S. If going full-in is too rich for your blood, you can always go for a PDF only version or the cool minis without getting soaked.
For me though, this is an easy one. ;-)