Monday, September 8, 2014

Destiny trailer looks pretty darn good


My video game portfolio, of late, has been quite thin to say the least. Right now most (if any) video games I play are on my Android phone or (gulp!) our plucky first-gen Wii. That said, this new game by Destiny looks really amazing to me--at least visually.
There's a live-action trailer out now, which looks like Elysium (nee: HALO) meets Appleseed in a Star Wars universe--set to a Guardians of the Galaxy-like soundtrack. And for good measure, it was directed by Neill Blomkamp (the same dude who did Elysium). Design-wise, it's very modern, but for all it's scifi trappings, (as I understand it) the game features some sharp looking space magic! I'm really interested to learn the narrative behind how magic works in the game.

Anyway, let's have a look at that trailer, shall we?



And here's the official game trailer with plenty of actual gameplay:



I'm pretty sure I heard Tyrion himself, Peter Dinklage as the "Bit" hoverdroid in the first video. Sounds like Kevin Spacey is in the actual game.

Here's a few more visuals* to feast upon:



 




I've not read any reviews, but based on the visuals alone I can definitely see enough inspiration for a tabletop campaign. Thoughts?




*Images:Bungie Studios

7 comments:

  1. Yeah my boys and I are very excited about this one. I want to pick it up soon, but I might wait till the oldest's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwwwwww... Destiny looks sooooo cool, but I'm one of those uncoordinated twits who can't figure out modern game controllers. That, and FPSs tend to make me really nauseous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I'm equally inept. But that hasn't prevented me from making attempting the impossible!

      Delete
  3. PC version coming in March of 2015. I can't play console games for jack, but let me at the keyboard and mouse. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have to hold out for PC then, since I don't see myself poning up for a game system anytime soon!

      Delete