Wednesday, July 30, 2014

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY IS AS GOOD AS YOU HOPED IT WOULD BE!

GUESS WHO WON FREE PASSES TO SEE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY?

5 OUT OF 5 OOGA-CHAKAS!

And I'm seeing it again this weekend! 

Here's what you need to know: nothing. Not one damn thing. This is a film that you don't need any prior knowledge of the characters, plot, or setting to enjoy. My wife and many of the people around us testified to that! Though it does help to know the plot to Footloose and who Uncle Jesse was on Full House. 

Beyond that, you should just turn off the Internet and walk yourself to your local multiplex this weekend and get ready to have fun, because it is FAN-FLIPPIN'TASTIC!

What's more is there's so, SO MUCH to mine for games. No spoilers here, but there's an escape scene that could literally be scripted like it's a game session at its wild and wooly-est. It is the movie space opera fans have been pining for.

I was extremely fortunate to win passes at a GotG event held last Saturday at Source Comics and Games (my local FLGS). I felt like I won the lottery! If you get the chance to go early to a preview, just know that Marvel has held the final end-credits scene back until the official premiere this weekend. 

I'll have more to say on Guardians in the coming weeks, but for now I'm only thinking about that second viewing. :-D 

I'll leave you with a few trailers to get you excited:




5 comments:

  1. I just saw it and it was pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tremendous fun. They're definitely a party of PCs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, it was even better than I thought it would be. Which is amazing considering all the hype leading up to the release.

    -Ed

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just come home from watching it, they managed the sadly too rare feat of more than living up to the hype, it was magnificent!

    ReplyDelete