- Funky infographic on the franchise via Geeky Gadgets.
Click to see the full version on GG.
- There's a new three-part interview with the original cast over at the official Star Trek website.
- Wired has a look at wacky ST merchandising over the years, including Romulan Ale by the case and a talking Worf lunchbox.
- Here's a report about a possible new TV series in the works (take with a warp core-sized grain of salt!)
- This Haynes Manual for the Enterprise is one of my favorite new books--chock full of cut-a-ways and Trek tech, and written as if it were the actual users manual!
- If you're Across the Pond, there's an Star Trek Art Exhibit going on in Manchester; here's a slideshow preview of the work being showcased.
- The blog The Invisible Agent has a great post on the original sell sheet used to pitch the show to advertisers and includes dropped characters from the main cast like Chief Medical Officer Piper (not DeForest Kelly as Bones), Communications Officer Alden (not Nichelle Nichols as Uhura), and Yeoman Smith (who was cast as Kirk's arm candy). Also George Takei was pitched as "Physicist Sulu". (Via Retro Thing)
- Musings of a Sci-Fi Fanatic just posted a round-up of the best and worst episodes of the original series from SciFi Now magazine.
So how has Trek shaped your world/games/geek life?